Schedule Your In-Person Exam
You may take your CompTIA Certification Exam either online or in-person. Taking an exam may sound daunting. But don’t worry. With the information below, you’ll be well prepared to certify in-person.
CompTIA In-Person Testing provides you with testing options at any of the thousands of Pearson VUE test centers located around the world.
Choose in-person testing if you:
- Don't have access to a private, distraction-free location.
- Don’t have reliable Internet access.
- Have limited understanding of written and spoken English or other language barriers.
Take an In-Person Exam
STEP 1: If you don’t already have one, create a Pearson VUE testing account.
Be sure you use an active, valid email address when you create an account. Important information about your exam results and certification status will be sent to the address you use to create your testing account.
STEP 2: Sign into your Pearson VUE account to find a testing center near you and schedule your exam.
When you’re ready to take your exam, visit Pearson VUE’s website to find an authorized Pearson VUE test center near you. You’ll be able to select the testing center of your choice when scheduling your exam.
STEP 3: Review testing policies and procedures.
Before taking a CompTIA exam, all certification candidates will be prompted to agree with the CompTIA Candidate Agreement. Failure to accept the agreement results in the forfeiture of your exam fee. Review the CompTIA Testing Policies and CompTIA Candidate Agreement now.
STEP 4: Check into the test center and take your test.
On the day of your exam be sure you:
- Leave plenty of time to arrive for your testing appointment. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This will give you enough time to complete the required sign-in procedures.
- Bring two forms of identification with you. Acceptable forms of ID are defined in the Candidate ID Policy.
- You will NOT be allowed to bring any personal items with you into the testing room. This includes bags, books, notes, computers, tablets, smartphones and smartwatches. Some test centers provide areas in which to secure your belongings, but you may want to check with your selected test center if you will need somewhere to secure your belongings.
- A photograph of you will be taken when you check-in for your testing appointment, prior to taking your exam. This photo is used to help maintain the highest level of security and authentication and is a component of our candidate testing policies.